“ Official guidebook?”

Hi, I am continuing my walk to Rome this May from Switzerland. I used the Ciceronne books for the first half and felt kind “ meh” about its merit. I see there is an “ Official” book from R. Ferraris in English. The book is only €17 but the shipping to USA is €40. Does anyone have an opinion on this book before I spend so much on shipping? Maybe someone in the states has a copy they would want to sell?
Thanks.

I have the Lightfoot guides. They are very detailed. Just was curious about this other book. Had no issues from Canterbury to Switzerland. Such a fabulous journey. Can’t wait to start again at the end of May.

Paul G

I have this "official" book and paid the outrageous shipping fee (when I complained the response was simply that was the cost of shipping from Italy; the shipping is by a International Carrier with tracking, not by the Italian Post. BTW, a post card sent recently by friends from Italy took 6 weeks to arrive. So this shipping method may be due to avoiding the unreliability of the Italian Post).

Anyway, I have the book and am using it for my planning to start in Montreux, Switzerland in late August this year. The book is printed on quality paper and its contents look reasonably good to me: it is written in stages; each stage has a color map with route, icons for places to stay and to see (some maps have alternative routes); a route summary; a 'what to see' section; an altitude profile with cities marked; a short list of places to stay (though, the list appears to be not as long as in the Lightfoot Guide); public transport options and a few photos. The English is quite good (not just a machine-type translation).

Hope that helps!

I have this "official" book and paid the outrageous shipping fee (when I complained the response was simply that was the cost of shipping from Italy; the shipping is by a International Carrier with tracking, not by the Italian Post. BTW, a post card sent recently by friends from Italy took 6 weeks to arrive. So this shipping method may be due to avoiding the unreliability of the Italian Post).

Anyway, I have the book and am using it for my planning to start in Montreux, Switzerland in late August this year. The book is printed on quality paper and its contents look reasonably good to me: it is written in stages; each stage has a color map with route, icons for places to stay and to see (some maps have alternative routes); a route summary; a 'what to see' section; an altitude profile with cities marked; a short list of places to stay (though, the list appears to be not as long as in the Lightfoot Guide); public transport options and a few photos. The English is quite good (not just a machine-type translation).

Hope that helps!
Paul, thanks for your reply. It’s good to have some feedback considering the price. I’m going to order and split the cost with another pilgrim who is walking the route this year too.
Good luck on your journey!
Jessica