Accommodation in Aosta

Jean Luc M

Good morning
I leave on the via francigena at the beginning of September and I am looking for cheap accommodation in Aosta. The hotels found are very expensive. Does anyone have an address?
Thank you
Jean Luc M

NavyBlue

Hello Jean Luc,

Try Hotel Al Caminetto. We stayed and dined there in 2015. More a boarding house / "pension de famille" than a fancy hotel, but a good spot.

Chrisy

Hi there is a convent that has apartment at the back .Great place and cheap .You have to have your own sleeping bag .Its on the list of accommodation.

caminka

the convent you mentioned is probably Le Foyer. it's about 200m north of the main square. the usual price is €25 but with my own sleeping liner and bag I slept there for €15. I think they do lunches, otherwise there is a kitchen (I didn't use it so don't know what it's like).

al caminetto is west of the old centre, in the opposite direction of the vf, but it's said to be friendly.

otherwise the tourist office is very friendly and they can help you find something. they sell official credencials and english guidebooks of terre di mezzo, and you can leave your backpack if needed.

LJP

Good morning
I leave on the via francigena at the beginning of September and I am looking for cheap accommodation in Aosta. The hotels found are very expensive. Does anyone have an address?
Thank you
Jean Luc M
Hello, I also will be starting my walk from Acosta. Wondering where best to fly in and then get to Acosta to begin. Be well L. J.

caminka

Hello, I also will be starting my walk from Acosta. Wondering where best to fly in and then get to Acosta to begin. Be well L. J.
probably milano. there is a direct local bus to aosta and flixbus to lausanne stopped near one of the airports.