Accommodations in italy

Ronha

Love to know prices for accommodations in italy... Campsites, hostels, other pilgrim accomodations.
Greetings,
My wife & I walked the Via Francigena from Ivrea to Rome this year starting Sept 1. We only stayed in guest houses, BB's & hotels so I can't give you information regarding auberges. I have attached our itinerary. If you avoid auberges, then you might find it difficult to find accommodations in some villages. The items in RED are where we actually had to stay and the next column is mileage for that day. The 481 for Rome was for 3 days.
1543682749647.png

Greetings,
My wife & I walked the Via Francigena from Ivrea to Rome this year starting Sept 1. We only stayed in guest houses, BB's & hotels ...
Thank you so much for your precious information.
I'm just curious (and probably someone else has the same question too): why did you choose not to use the usual (and much cheaper) Pilgrim Hospitality venues?
Thanks for your answer.

A very good question. I have walked the Camino Francés twice and the GR65 (Chemin du Puy). The first time I walked the Camino Frances, I stayed in auberges - I loved it. The other walks I did with my wife and she has a medical situation that makes it difficult to stay in auberges. We have stayed in auberges at times but in a private room. I would prefer to stay in auberges since you are with fellow pilgrims vs tourists when staying elsewhere. Oddly enough, washing clothes is easier in auberges than other accommodations. They are set up for it where hotels, b&b's etc are not.