Bagno Vignoni accommodations

Erie Walker

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Bagno Vigoni that is inexpensive to moderate priced for a pilgrim. We will be there the end of October this year. I looked on the list of accommodations and nothing is listed. Searching Airbnb and Bookings.com found only places a over our limit.
Thanks!

Last edited:
While not cut your stage short and stay in San Quirico. It's not too far to BV from there.

I arrived at BV in May just before 9:00, there were a lot of well-healed tourists taking off with support vehicles in tow. Not exactly pilgrim country.

The second reason for suggesting San Quirico, is that the descent into BV is difficult - drops about 730 ft in 1.7 miles (7% gradient). Part of the path is concrete which can be difficult if wet or late in the day.

Last edited:

Erie Walker

Thank you for the suggestion and information on the trail. We wanted to stop in the hot springs which would be something different for us. Your comment on the type of tourists in BV is well taken. :)

andycohn

Alternatively, you could continue a few miles further down the road past Bagno Vignoni, and try Castiglione d’Orcia. If you check on google maps, you’ll see a bunch of agroturismi. These are working farms that offer rooms, and generally great dinners. There are also some places in and around Castiglione d’Orcia listed on booking.com. I don’t know what your price range is, but as the others mention, Bagno Vignoni is a tourist mecca, and either San Quirico or Castiglione d’Orcia will be cheaper.

Nick J Lomonte

We stayed at Agriturismo Sant' Alberto....past BV in May 2018. It is very nice. There were four of us and we split the cost. You can taxi back to BV, which we did for dinner.