SA Andes 2017
Inca Trails 2017
Machu Picchu
Patagonia 2017
Futaleufú River 2017
Tierra del Fuego 2017
Trail Name ^^ountain ^^an

Jotown

Your best advice would be to ring the Hospice ... they will tell you the up to date conditions , and whether it is safe to cross ( and whether you will need snow shoes ) once you get there if conditions deteriorate they will also advise on the safety of continuing , or ‘sitting it out ‘

That’s what happened to me ( I crossed in mid May , the road was still closed from winter snow ) - a great rest day !!

Your best advice would be to ring the Hospice ... they will tell you the up to date conditions , and whether it is safe to cross ( and whether you will need snow shoes ) once you get there if conditions deteriorate they will also advise on the safety of continuing , or ‘sitting it out ‘

That’s what happened to me ( I crossed in mid May , the road was still closed from winter snow ) - a great rest day !!

Sounds good. Thanks for your reply. I am looking for the most direct " route " from Canterbury/Dover through France/Switzerland. Italia I have a GPS ap. Good places in particular to stay / eat?? I usually walk solo and take it one day at a time. I also enjoy my share of "rest" days. Zero days as we say. thanks again!

Sounds good. Thanks for your reply. I am looking for the most direct " route " from Canterbury/Dover through France/Switzerland. Italia I have a GPS ap. Good places in particular to stay / eat?? I usually walk solo and take it one day at a time. I also enjoy my share of "rest" days. Zero days as we say. thanks again!
I just used the Lightfoot guides, which is now available to download - the route , in the main is well marked ( back in 2016)... I stayed at anywhere that was offered ...
once into Italy there are many pilgrim hostels

Beginning VF Canterbury to Rome September 2018
Blog myATguide.com | instagram.com/myatguide/ | myATguide@gmail.com
AT SOBO Winter Thru-hike 2015-16
Portuguese Way 2016
Primitivo 2016
Del Norte 2016
Tours Paris 2016
SA Andes 2017
Inca Trails 2017
Machu Picchu
Patagonia 2017
Futaleufú River 2017
Tierra del Fuego 2017
Trail Name ^^ountain ^^an
Impressive!!
I’m starting from Lausanne to Rome sept 21
This will be my first hike
Maybe see you on the way
Gretel(Vermonter-US)

Have a look at this website, lots of information on where to stay etc https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/

In France, when you book accommodation, make sure to ask if there is food available in the vicinity. Sometimes there is no supermarket, cafe or restaurant for kms around. The hosts then usually provide a meal.
I used the Alison Raju guide but it was already out of date (and that was 4 years ago).

In Wisques, I recommend the Abbaye Notre-Dame but of course it depends what appeals to you. I notice it is not on the list on the website but they do (or did) welcome pilgrims.

Have a wonderful trip!

Last edited: