Bring sleeping bag or not?

petro

Hi, I start walking from Lucca to Rome on 14 May and am thinking of just bringing my sleeping bag liner. I plan to stay in pilgrim accommodations. You thoughts?

Adrian

Hi, I start walking from Lucca to Rome on 14 May and am thinking of just bringing my sleeping bag liner. I plan to stay in pilgrim accommodations. You thoughts?
We are in Camiore today and there is no need to bring a sleeping bag. Many of the Ostello’s provide blankets or even sheets towels etc. We have walked from Pavia so far and not needed a sleeping bag. Have a good trip.

petro

We are in Camiore today and there is no need to bring a sleeping bag. Many of the Ostello’s provide blankets or even sheets towels etc. We have walked from Pavia so far and not needed a sleeping bag. Have a good trip.
Thank you so much for this information! Buen Camino to you too!

Mary

Hello Adrian - which accommodation list are you using ? Would be grateful for any info as many threads seem to say that lists are obsolete and incorrect etc.. Many thanks Mary.

sharon w

I have just returned from walking Lucca to Roma. I took a sleeping bag liner and only used it about 5 times. This was in monasteries. In ostellos, there will often be sheets.

caminka

I usually prefer sleeping in my sleeping bag but this year was so warm in italy I used the bag only a handful of times (in the alps and once on a colder rainy day in valpromaro). otherwise I slept in my liner or in the sheets provided. especially pilgrims donativos require your own sleeping gear.

Last edited:

Mary

May will be hot....I would just bring a liner and maybe a thermal top to wear in bed just in case. Otherwise blankets and sheets are usually provided.