Camping

Ellen

I am interested in pilgrims's experience with camping in Italy on the VF. Cost for campsites, how plentiful they are, do most have showers and bathrooms available? Also interested in wild camping and how that works... Anyone been fined or arrested?

Apicula

Me and my friend wild camped for 80/90 days, worked great but it is not allowed so aslong u put up u r tent when I starts to get dark you will be fine :) and use a camping mattress made out of foimage.jpgam and not the ones you blow up, serious there is ALLOT of thorns everywhere and it will destroy the ones u blow up!
We did not get caught ;)
Cheers :)

Ellen

Thanks Apicula!

Those of you that stay in hostels or parochial accommodations... I know italy has more of theses and less campsites. What are the prices for these various accomodations on average in italy. I have no idea the cost of a campsite vs a hostel or parochial... Any help with this is much appreciated!

Debra

Please note my information is from 2014.
I camped some at the few campgrounds about 15 euro for one person and one tent. How water for shower. Did some wild camping set up late, leave early, and leave no trace. How ever lots of low cost albergues so mainly stayed at them.
I travel by bike so longer stages were not a problem.
Debra