Canterbury to Rome - the 4-5 year plan!

Pong

Gretel, I'll try to stay in touch once in awhile, but if the past is a prediction of the future, it won't be very often. In the past I've found that once I've done walking for the day, then chores and meal, I don't have much time or energy left. I'm a slow walker who tends to walk a long day. I also have quite a small phone so typing into it is a chore. Nevertheless, I'll try to check in now and then. Thanks for the interest!

Pong

Hi all. I've been walking the Via in France for about 2 weeks now. All is going very well so far. I'm in Seraucourt le Grand, in the region of the Somme, about a day and a half (for me) north of Laon. The walking has been really good, the people great-so friendly and welcoming. I am a fluent, but nowhere near perfect French speaker, and find everyone interested in my walk, where I'm from where I'm going, how I'm doing, etc. The history in this part of France is present everywhere - most of the section I've walked for the past week was utterly destroyed during the Great War. There are war cemeteries large and small scattered throughout the countryside. No one speaks of WWI here, it is "la Grande Guerre". Walking here has been an amazing experience.
Pong
4A384AC2-8945-4A69-B6CC-9C52A77DF963-297-000000204DA2ACB4.jpg

Jan

My husband and I will be walking the VF starting of from Great Bernard Pass and finishing in Rome. Our journey begins on the 25th of August, also in a small group.
Cheers