Credential

Hi Sadaigh,
I live in the UK and received our six credentials with very little problem find out the cost and postage from Alice send her a cheque then
they arrive in the post. Details of email and telephone number below give her a try

alice.young@canterbury.gov.uk
Dear *******,

The cost of postage will be £1.30. The cost of the passport is £4.50. This brings the total amount to £28.30.

I will send them out as soon as I receive the cheque.

Thanks, Alice
Alice Young​
Visitor Experience Manager​
Tel: 01227 862163​
Canterbury Museums and Galleries​
Canterbury City Council, Commissioned Services​
Worth a try good luck Pilgrim b

I'm heading to Canterbury in early April for the first 300 miles or so of the VF. I'm on the 4 year plan to Rome! I think I would like to make my own Credencial out of a small accordion style sketchbook I put together. Anyone know if this would be a problem?

I'm heading to Canterbury in early April for the first 300 miles or so of the VF. I'm on the 4 year plan to Rome! I think I would like to make my own Credencial out of a small accordion style sketchbook I put together. Anyone know if this would be a problem?
Unlike the Way of Saint James, where the Cathedral insists (because of some commercial businesses that started to abuse the system) that you can only use an officially approved Credencial to obtain a Compostela certificate (the small financial contribution is what keeps their Pilgrim Office up and running), the Way to Rome does not currently require the same in people's Crendenziali.

Go ahead and make one yourself if you want to !!

But do keep an eye on the rules -- you do need to pick up two stamps/day on the last 100K, and the Basilica could, at any time, decide that only an official Credenziale will do. If you were going the whole distance in 2019 you'd probably be without worries, but what the rules will be in 2022 is unpredictable. To be on the safe side, you could always get an official one to get parallel stamps on over the final 100-150K or so ? I did something similar on my 1994 Camino from Paris, and though it wouldn't work on the Camino now, it should still be possible on the Way to Rome.

Last edited:
Unlike the Way of Saint James, where the Cathedral insists (because of some commercial businesses that started to abuse the system) that you can only use an officially approved Credencial to obtain a Compostela certificate (the small financial contribution is what keeps their Pilgrim Office up and running), the Way to Rome does not currently require the same in people's Crendenziali.

Go ahead and make one yourself if you want to !!

But do keep an eye on the rules -- you do need to pick up two stamps/day on the last 100K, and the Basilica could, at any time, decide that only an official Credenziale will do. If you were going the whole distance in 2019 you'd probably be without worries, but what the rules will be in 2022 is unpredictable. To be on the safe side, you could always get an official one to get parallel stamps on over the final 100-150K or so ? I did something similar on my 1994 Camino from Paris, and though it wouldn't work on the Camino now, it should still be possible on the Way to Rome.
My thoughts on the subject are exactly the same J P the twenty eight pounds was for six credentials;hardly expensive at less the five pounds each. Plus you are sure of a pilgrim’s privileges on each night stop or transport / meals ; so why take the risk of producing your own and missing out !!

My thoughts on the subject are exactly the same J P the twenty eight pounds was for six credentials;hardly expensive at less the five pounds each. Plus you are sure of a pilgrim’s privileges on each night stop or transport / meals ; so why take the risk of producing your own and missing out !!
My current Credencial, for the 4000K Camino I'm starting on Thursday (!!! :cool: ) is eight of them glued together ; but it's the lovely small cream-coloured Paris Association one with its beautiful small & friendly format and absence of a printed grid inside its pages.

The Roman Credenziale can actually be found online as a pdf file, so that with a friendly printer's shop and the right sort of paper, some pleasantly lengthy and yet (for the time being) official one could be constructed via arts & crafts. Might require some sort of pdf wizardry ...

My current Credencial, for the 4000K Camino I'm starting on Thursday (!!! :cool: ) is eight of them glued together ; but it's the lovely small cream-coloured Paris Association one with its beautiful small & friendly format and absence of a printed grid inside its pages.

The Roman Credenziale can actually be found online as a pdf file, so that with a friendly printer's shop and the right sort of paper, some pleasantly lengthy and yet (for the time being) official one could be constructed via arts & crafts. Might require some sort of pdf wizardry ...
Buen Camino JP have a wonderful journey and take your time and commune with nature, and drop us a word from time to time :)