from Dublin to Canterbury

matteo

Hello,

I m planning my romeria from Dublin to Rome that I will do walking so i will cross Wales and England.

My " British" route " will start 1st of march from Holyhead in wales to Canterbury.

I'm thinking to walk in wales from north to south and after pointing east to Canterbury, I would like to avoid big city as Birmingham and London.

Do anyone know the area and can tell me any advice? weather in march? place to stay as B&B or any monastery or parish? nice historical/environmental heritage to visit as well?

all the suggestion will be great

thanks
matteo

Paul Twmba

Hello,

I m planning my romeria from Dublin to Rome that I will do walking so i will cross Wales and England.

My " British" route " will start 1st of march from Holyhead in wales to Canterbury.

I'm thinking to walk in wales from north to south and after pointing east to Canterbury, I would like to avoid big city as Birmingham and London.

Do anyone know the area and can tell me any advice? weather in march? place to stay as B&B or any monastery or parish? nice historical/environmental heritage to visit as well?

all the suggestion will be great

thanks
matteo
Matteo,
I would be interested in hearing how your journey is progressing. Am hoping to walk the via Francigena this May - August. Am a bit concerned re the social unrest around Calais and the availability of accomm in France. Do you have any idea of the number of pilgrims who walk this 'way' each year?