Greetings from Preston in England

Adrian

My wife Jan and I are leaving on Friday 13th April to walk from Porto to Santiago arriving on the 26th April. We are planning our walk along the Via Francigena starting on the 13th August and hoping to arrive in late September in Rome. This forum I hope will help with any questions we may have.

Best wishes to everyone.

Adrian and Jan, my husband and I are on the VF right now. So if/when I have WiFi , I would be happy to answer your questions! Have a great trip in April
Jujubery

Hi Jujubery,
Thank you for the reply. We are now in Porto ready to walk in the morning North to Santiago.

Accommodation for our walk in August to Rome. Are you booking ahead or is there no problem just arriving and finding accommodation? Are in France or Italy at the moment? Finally are you recording the journey in a blog?
Hope all is well and the weather is improving.

Hi Jujubery,
Thank you for the reply. We are now in Porto ready to walk in the morning North to Santiago.

Accommodation for our walk in August to Rome. Are you booking ahead or is there no problem just arriving and finding accommodation? Are in France or Italy at the moment? Finally are you recording the journey in a blog?
Hope all is well and the weather is improving.
Where do you start on the Via Francigena? I found it was necessary to book at least one day ahead so people expect you. In France you may need a meal cooked for you where you stay, so people need to know, in Italy you often need to be told where the keys are as people may not always be there...