GSBP to Vercelli August 2019

Hi I’m Tommy from Scotland. I walked from Pietrasanta to Siena in April this year and from Siena to Rome earlier this month. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience although I wasn’t really a Pilgrim. I’ve already booked flights and accommodation for August next year to walk from GSBP to Vercelli. Any tips from people who’ve walked this section regarding clothing for the Alpine section?

I began walking from San Gran Bernardo on Aug 9th arriving in Rome Sept18th. I experienced a thunderstorm/torrential rain resulting in our tracks becoming rivulets and just a tad dangerous as we descended. Quite unpleasant as we made our way to Etoubles ( our desired destination was Aosta!) with soggy feet! From then on the weather changed for the better - the temperatures at times were unbearable 30+! I would suggest to layer up if cooler but in my experience this was unnecessary. Awesome scenery! Accommodation not always where you may like it to be. Lacking in places although I believe this is work in progress. Good luck

I began walking from San Gran Bernardo on Aug 9th arriving in Rome Sept18th. I experienced a thunderstorm/torrential rain resulting in our tracks becoming rivulets and just a tad dangerous as we descended. Quite unpleasant as we made our way to Etoubles ( our desired destination was Aosta!) with soggy feet! From then on the weather changed for the better - the temperatures at times were unbearable 30+! I would suggest to layer up if cooler but in my experience this was unnecessary. Awesome scenery! Accommodation not always where you may like it to be. Lacking in places although I believe this is work in progress. Good luck
Thank for the reply Thierry, I’ve got my accommodation booked in Aosta and plan to get bus in morning to GSGP then walk back down either back to Aosta or if weather bad get the bus in Etroubles to Aosta. I’ve already got my accommodation booked all the way to Vercelli. BTW I arrived in Rome on the 17th of August.

Here’s hoping the sky is clear all the way - enjoy the scenery! Living in Scotland the assents will be a doddle! Look forward to reading your observations when you get going.