Guide book?"

Discussion in 'Via Francigena in France' started by Singood, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Singood

Singood New Member

Is there a guide book for the section "Canterbury to Besancon"?

2. Jotown

Jotown New Member

I've just purchased the Lightfoot Guide 'Canterbury to Besancon from Amazon UK,
    I've also got the Alison Raju book Canterbury to The Great St Bernard Pass...

The Lightfoot guide seems to have more route finding info, and accomodation,
    however I've not yet decided which I will use ( if any !)

3. William Marques

William Marques Moderator Staff Member

Jotown has given you the two guides to that section currently available in English. You can also buy the Lightfoot guides directly from Pilgrim Publications at http://pilgrimagepublications.com/pp_2014/via-francigena/
    Pilgrim Publications Lightfoot Guide has GPS information if you are that way inclined.

The Lightfoot guide is bigger and has more pictures the Cicerone guide is more pocket sized.

4. Singood

Singood New Member

Thanks much for the quick response. There is always a Forum member/s with a correct answer. Thanks again.

5. Singood

Singood New Member

Just to follow-up, I ordered the Lightfoot guide, it is available in two versions - paper back & E book. I downloaded the E book to my Ipad immediately for half the price of paper back, and no shipping and no tax. Thanks for the lead.

Jotown likes this.
  6. Daniel Joseph Sherburn

Daniel Joseph Sherburn New Member

I used the ebook version of Lightfoots. Their maps aren't great, but I referred to it sometimes. Ask in Churches and Tourist Offices for a bed. They usually know someone ... well not always.