Hello and doing 3 weeks from Canterbury in august

Hi
I am Ruth from Ireland. Having done camino frances and caminho português in sections, I am starting the VF again breaking it down into sections to fit my holidays on from work. So I am planning my first section from Canterbury down into France for 3 weeks starting on 6th August.
Looking forward to it even if it will be different to caminos - still finalising some of my kit and I am practicing with getting my lovely new tent erected properly (a different shape than my last one and takes a little bit more knack)

Hi Ruth. Congratulations. The Francigena is a wonderful walk.

I practiced with my tent too last year before starting out. Backpack camping was all new for me.

Cheers,
Mark

The chair looks nice! But might be a bit heavy for my pack, plus I am happy to sit on ground. My nickname in one place I worked was rug rat as I was often found sitting on floor behind desk though that had more to do with a really uncomfortable seat

Hello Ruth
I am starting Via Francigena on Aug 8th from San Gran Bernardo with the intention of making it to Rome mid Sept. I wish you the best of Irish luck especially with your tent - braver than me!

Hello Ruth
I am starting Via Francigena on Aug 8th from San Gran Bernardo with the intention of making it to Rome mid Sept. I wish you the best of Irish luck especially with your tent - braver than me!
Hi thierre
Hope you get on well on the Italian part. And all the best with high temperatures in Italy. ..I would find those tough