Hello and looking for advice on guide books in english for the Via Francigena.

Lua

Hello I am planning to walk a small section from Lucca to Siena in May 2017 and am looking for advice as to which is the best guide book, in english available. Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Susan Jagger

We also used the Lepere Guide (in French) by Adelaide Trezzini. Neither was perfect but both helped. You are in for a wonderful treat. Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions.

Gary Owens

W
We also used the Lepere Guide (in French) by Adelaide Trezzini. Neither was perfect but both helped. You are in for a wonderful treat. Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions.
Would love to hear more of your walk...
What month you walked in.
Did you meet many people.
What accommodation was like.
gary@lorhiti.com if you can share so.e information it would be very much appreciated. Thanks Gary

Lua

Thanks. Will get back in touch when the guide arrives and I start planning.

NavyBlue

Hello,

I had both, Lepere and Lightfoot, guides in 2015.

I was happy with the Lighfoot one, much practical and to the point (best with a GPS unit). For me, the Lepere one is rather verbose, partly outdated. I use it for having a general idea of the stage, cultural features and altitude profiles.

The information on the official site is quite useful either.

Hello I am planning to walk a small section from Lucca to Siena in May 2017 and am looking for advice as to which is the best guide book, in english available. Any advice welcome. Thanks.
I used the Lightfoot guide, the VieFrancigene.org website and am very pleased with the brand new translated to English guidebook by Terre di Mezzo editors.1493134881203-1004779040.jpg