Hello, I’m excited!

Hi all,
I have literally just complete my 4th Camino, the first being 16 years ago, then 6 years and now my 4th one, the Primitivo, just last week. On my way to Muxia I was talking with an Italian about what to do next. I said that I can’t do the Camino too regularly as it might take away that special feeling, I was thinking 2022. But I need this sort of thing to help feel sane in this crazy technological world we are now in. I had been thinking about the Israel National Trail, but he told me about a beautiful walk he did from Sienna to Rome . . . and so it began . . .

Via Francigena looks amazing and untouched. I have my dreams set for 2019 (failing that, 2020), only from the Swiss boarder, but I’m so excited!

I look forward to reading through these threads and hearing peoples experiences and tips

Ciao
Richie

Hello Richie, we are planning to do the entire length in 2020. Oh so much fun we find also in the planning. We are following tips also. There is a blog on youtube by a Dutch couple. Worth a look. Much excitement, us two

Avromal

Kiaora Richie.

The little lady and I are planning for 2019 as well. Current thinking has us starting mid to late July from Fidenza through to St Peters Square. May duck of here and there to visit other places such as Florence along the way.

Good luck with your planning and perhaps we will see you along the way.

Cheers,

Mal.

Hey Mal,
Thanks for your message, good luck with your planning too, you’re further along than me at this point

I’m hoping to start walking sometime in May, arriving at the end of June/ start or July.

Take care
Rich

Hey guys,
Thanks for the tip, was that the six part trip blog? It’s very good and looks like fun, I’ll hopefully have no need for a tent!

It looks beautiful and uncrowned, looking forward to it already
Good luck with the planning too

Take care
Richie

Hello Richie, we are planning to do the entire length in 2020. Oh so much fun we find also in the planning. We are following tips also. There is a blog on youtube by a Dutch couple. Worth a look. Much excitement, us two