Hello & VF in 2018!

Greg Petropoulos

Hello all! I'm looking forward to the preparation, planning and execution of a Via Francigena hike from Grand St. Bernard Pass to Rome starting sometime in late April 2018. I've completed the Camino Frances from SJPDP to SdC and on to Finesterre in 2014, been an avid reader of the Camino Forum for a few years.

sulu

Hello all! I'm looking forward to the preparation, planning and execution of a Via Francigena hike from Grand St. Bernard Pass to Rome starting sometime in late April 2018. I've completed the Camino Frances from SJPDP to SdC and on to Finesterre in 2014, been an avid reader of the Camino Forum for a few years.
Good luck! I hope you are lucky with the weather and don't have to start in snow!

Reg Spittle

Hello!
We are also planning the trek in 2018, probably starting in early May. We read that some accommodations are not open until then. We are just getting up to speed on the Way of St. Francis and are excited about it. We got the guidebook, which looks very good. We are in Ashland, Oregon and did the Camino de Santiago in 2013...we have done several other treks too.

Greg Petropoulos

Good luck! I hope you are lucky with the weather and don't have to start in snow!
Thank you sulu! On second thought, perhaps starting the Via Francegina from Aosta in late April would be more prudent, rather than walking in snow from the Grand St. Bernard Pass.

sulu

Thank you sulu! On second thought, perhaps starting the Via Francegina from Aosta in late April would be more prudent, rather than walking in snow from the Grand St. Bernard Pass.
You could always pack your skis!:D Actually I'm not sure how you would get to Grand St Bernard Pass in April, I don't think there are any buses up at that time. I'm sure someone has more information than me but I think you would probably have to walk up from Bourg St Pierre or Etroubles!

Last edited: