Hi from England

Jotown

I have just joined this forum ( and am a member of the Camino de Santiago forum),
having walked from Lourdes to Santiago last year..

Just in the early stages of wondering... whether I can walk the VF next year...?
probably from England

My only thoughts so far are that I'm available from end of May...
and would hope to go all the way to Rome
- I know it will be busy actually in Rome , for the Jubilee Year of Mercy...
That's why I want to go !

If anyone's going around the same time, be delighted to hear from you !

MichaelSG

Welcome & happy planning. My wife and I are planning to walk from Vercelli to Rome, starting about the last week in April, insha'Allah.

kevinh

I'm travelling from Oz the 20th may to walk from Granada to Zamora (again) but will walk all the way from Canterbury-Rome from mid June..hoping the weather will be kind!

Jotown

I'm still undecided on my dates, and so may meet some/all/none of you !
At least there will be one or two of us around ! (especially crossing France)

When I fix my dates I'll re-post !

Happy planning everyone

sirjohnharington

There are accommodation lists available from the UK Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome; and also from local French VF associations. I'll try to send you a link but I haven't got the details here at present. Google the CPR - it might be worth joining, even though you're in the US. Btw, despite my Forum name I am female.

sojournerKarl

There are accommodation lists available from the UK Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome; and also from local French VF associations. I'll try to send you a link but I haven't got the details here at present. Google the CPR - it might be worth joining, even though you're in the US. Btw, despite my Forum name I am female.
Sorry your photo is so small in thumbnail that I just can't tell. I downloaded the accommodation list from CPR but I don't have a clue how to get the French VF associations. Unless they have an English list I would be out of luck. Right now all I can say in French is hello, goodbye and please. I need to learn the important words like; toilet, beer, wine, where is, and I am lost.

Any help/advice you could give me would be appreciated.

Karl

sirjohnharington

Have you tried the official Vie Francigene website? they have a version in English - http://www.viefrancigene.org/en/. There is also the Association des Chemins de Compostelle et de Rome en Bourgogne et Franche-Compté, who are helpful and have an accommodation list, but you'd need to have some French to correspond with them (Google Translate could help?). There is a GR (GR=Grande Randonnée ie long-distance trails) Rando book on the GR145 in the Pas-de-Calais which gives accommodation. I am currently trying to learn some Italian for the Italian leg of the journey, so maybe you could get some French lessons between now and D-Day? In French rural areas there is little English spoken, and sometimes you'd have to ring ahead to book accommodation. Stay in touch.