Hi from St Petersburg!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Athena, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Athena

Athena New Member

I'm Anna, and I'm an avid traveller, Gothic architecture lover, and city walker :)

I live in St Petersburg, Russia, and I often come to Turin, my absolutely favourite city in Italy. Last autumn, I walked a bit of the via Francigena, from Bard to Pont St Martin, with a friend; it was first time we walked on a pilgrim path, and we absolutely loved it (I've been in Valle d'Aosta before, but never in the countryside). In March, we're going to walk on the via Francigena again, from Aosta to Chatillon, and we're planning to reach Rome one day - and probably continue to Brindisi!

I'm also planning to walk the Camino de Santiago, of course - been thinking of it for several years, but got serious about it after that autumn walk on the via Francigena, so it was kind of a turning point for me :)

2. DavidJ

DavidJ New Member

Hi Anna - It is good to read that you enjoy the pilgrim path - they are very special. You will enjoy the Camino Santiago when you find the time to do it and I hope all goes well for you on you walk from Aosta to Chatillon.
    David

3. melensdad

melensdad New Member

We walked the Camino de Santiago in 2016 and also the Hadrian's Wall path in England in 2015. We are looking at walking either the Italian section of the Via Francigena or possibly The Way of St Francis (Florence-Assisi-Rome) in the fall of 2018 ... but have not decided on our route yet.

Looking forward to your observations when you walk.

4. Pilgrim b

Pilgrim b New Member

Hi Athena,it looks like you have already got the Camino pilgrim obsession bug, you do realise I hope that there is no known cure! Also you seem to have caught it too melendad did you visit the pilgrim coffee shop in Morebattle for a unique experience?

5. Piero Frustascarpe

Piero Frustascarpe New Member

Dear Athena, I'm glad you love Turin, my town. :)
    Beside the nice Aosta-Chatillon leg, I could suggest you to walk from Pont St Martin to Ivrea, or in Valle di Susa, in the route from Santiago, the leg Oulx-Susa. If you want, at the opposite, experience total flatland, walk from SanthiĆ  to Vercelli, in the middle of the paddy fields; unfortunately in that period the fields are still dry (they are filled with water in April), but if you want to experience the nothingness around you, it'a a good area. :D