Hi there

GuidemetoRoma

Hi, I’m new to the forum and hope it will help me answer a few questions I have. I’m planning on walking from Radicofani - Roma this May and have struggled to find any information as to where to collect the passport stamps one needs to obtain the Testimonium.
Mitch

caminka

you can get the stamps in every accommodation, ostellos (probably nicer ones) or hotels (the usual 'address' ones), in tourist offices, (open) churches, at the official addresses (like comune or police), and in some bars. this is a very popular part of the route, so there are bound to be many places that have them. just ask. the italian word for the stamp is timbro.

All of the lodgings( restaurants etc) have their own stamps, just ask them for a stamp.
You can get your book for stamps from the home office in Canterbury.
Just so you know, getting your tes-tammonium in Rome can be a problem.
Look for the guys (guards)with the multicolored silks and have large (Spears?), on the side of the Vatican, out of the way.

Have fun.
Gretel- Vermont

Pilgrim b

Hi, I’m new to the forum and hope it will help me answer a few questions I have. I’m planning on walking from Radicofani - Roma this May and have struggled to find any information as to where to collect the passport stamps one needs to obtain the Testimonium.
Mitch
Welcome GuidemetoRoma you need your passport / Credentziali before you start out on your pilgrimage you then collect your Stamps Timbres from the places you stay on your journey including bars tourist offices on you journey . These people are very good they mailed to me in the UK so you should have no trouble at all https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/credenziali/
Have a great Journey b

GuidemetoRoma

Thank you. Yes I have ordered my passport and have most of my route planned. How many stamps do you collect? As many as you like or is there a minimum, or at certain locations?

Pilgrim b

Thank you. Yes I have ordered my passport and have most of my route planned. How many stamps do you collect? As many as you like or is there a minimum, or at certain locations?
Mornings or evenings where ever you sleep, another at midday (2) minimum,
but more if you enjoy collecting ! I do they become very happy memories of my days on Camino! b

GuidemetoRoma

Thanks Pilgrim B! Very helpful reply.. so it’s a case of getting stamps at every chance! I’ve booked my first nights accommodation in radicofani so really feel like my cammino is coming together. Roll on May!!!

caminka

there is (as of yet) no limit to the number of stamps per day for vf, as far as I know. but as a collector I like to get many stamps (and especially the nice ones, a replica of a medieval seal, for example) so prepare to stock on a second credenzial if that is the case.
bloggers from 2018 have reported that GSB hospice was out of stock of credenzials and they didn't know when they are going to restock.

Welcome GuidemetoRoma you need your passport / Credentziali before you start out on your pilgrimage you then collect your Stamps Timbres from the places you stay on your journey including bars tourist offices on you journey . These people are very good they mailed to me in the UK so you should have no trouble at all https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/credenziali/
Have a great Journey b
Any stops you take, lodging , restaurants. Churches can stamp your book- just ask.

Pilgrim b

PS . You can get a stamp folder / book by
contacting the francigena office in Canterbury
Yes I have also got them from this address :
Alice Young​
Visitor Experience Manager​
Tel: 01227 862163​
Canterbury Museums and Galleries​
Canterbury City Council, Commissioned Services​
You will need to email Alice < alice.young@canterbury.gov.uk > she will then tell you the cost of postage + PP and then you need to send her a cheque for the amount with a SAE. b​

Last edited: