Humidity

Ronha

We are currently walking the VF. We started in Ivrea on Sept 1. It has been quite humid each day. Much more than the Camino & GR 65.

Piero Frustascarpe

Staff member
Yes. Luckily, the more you go South - especially after having climbed over the Cisa pass - the better. :cool:
But... the fall is approaching and in October rain becomes more frequent.

Cullo

Notwithstanding that no two years are the same, thanks for your insights Ronha and Piero because my wife and I will be walking the VF at the same time of the year in 2019. Not sure what the Italian greeting is so will have to limit myself to Buen Camino/Bon Chemin for now.

Piero Frustascarpe

Staff member
Not sure what the Italian greeting is so will have to limit myself to Buen Camino/Bon Chemin for now.
The Italian people who know about the Pilgrimages wish "buon cammino!". All the others say "buona passeggiata / buona escursione / buon viaggio!".

Nancy Coote

Notwithstanding that no two years are the same, thanks for your insights Ronha and Piero because my wife and I will be walking the VF at the same time of the year in 2019. Not sure what the Italian greeting is so will have to limit myself to Buen Camino/Bon Chemin for now.
Many greetings along the way if Buon Viaggio