Incident Near Campagnano di Roma 10 May

Jill81

While walking the stretch between Sutri and Campagnano di Roma with a couple of other ladies on 10 May we rounded a bend in the road and was confronted with a 40'ish guy exposing himself. I had seen him in the distance a few minutes previously as we passed a quarry on the right hand side, supposedly taking pictures. He then disappeared and waited for us. When we saw him I yelled at him and let him know what I thought of him and he quickly lost his nerve and disappeared out of sight.
Normally I walk alone on my Camino's but luckily this happened at a time when I was with other people. However, it left us unsettled for the remainder of the day, wondering if we would encounter him again. Another woman I met had a similar incident two days previously on the stretch leaving Viterbo. Disturbingly it doesn't sound like it was the same man so it would appear that there are possibly a couple of these characters in that area.

This is the exact location of the incident, shortly before the Monte Gelato waterfall.

https://maps.google.com/?q=42.189865,12.368273&hl=en-FR&gl=fr

As always, when walking alone, be aware of your surroundings and if something should happen, stand up for yourself. Have a plan!

Annette london

While walking the stretch between Sutri and Campagnano di Roma with a couple of other ladies on 10 May we rounded a bend in the road and was confronted with a 40'ish guy exposing himself. I had seen him in the distance a few minutes previously as we passed a quarry on the right hand side, supposedly taking pictures. He then disappeared and waited for us. When we saw him I yelled at him and let him know what I thought of him and he quickly lost his nerve and disappeared out of sight.
Normally I walk alone on my Camino's but luckily this happened at a time when I was with other people. However, it left us unsettled for the remainder of the day, wondering if we would encounter him again. Another woman I met had a similar incident two days previously on the stretch leaving Viterbo. Disturbingly it doesn't sound like it was the same man so it would appear that there are possibly a couple of these characters in that area.

This is the exact location of the incident, shortly before the Monte Gelato waterfall.

https://maps.google.com/?q=42.189865,12.368273&hl=en-FR&gl=fr

As always, when walking alone, be aware of your surroundings and if something should happen, stand up for yourself. Have a plan!
We are on the VF at the moment and have met a fair few women walking alone. Before Viterbo today I walked ahead of my husband by about20 mins. A guy in a German people carrier passed backwards and forewards 4 times and then stopped right in front of me. I stayed put and waited for my husband. The van remained stationary as we moved on.although the numbers are increasing on theVF, it is still quiet a solitary way. I must say, it is not a journey I would undertake on my own. I hope everyone remains safe. Annette