Looking for walking partner from Canterbury to Rome in 2020.

Pamash

Hi Elsie, I suppose we need to find out a bit about each other and if there is any chance of us meeting up if we go ahead. I live in the UK. I've done a fair few long distance walks and two Spanish Caminos. Despite getting on in years now (67 this year) I am still pretty fit and can cope with up to 15 miles fairly easily

Giovanna

Hi Elsie and Pam, I'm planning to walk from Canterbury to Rome next year also. Flexible with dates but thinking about starting around April/May to avoid walking in August heat in Italy. Wouldn't mind a companion/s either.

Pamash

Hi Elsie and Pam, I'm planning to walk from Canterbury to Rome next year also. Flexible with dates but thinking about starting around April/May to avoid walking in August heat in Italy. Wouldn't mind a companion/s either.
Hi Giovanna, nice to hear from you. I'm thinking of a May start so hopefully missing the snow in St. Bernards pass. I'd love to know a bit about you?

Deb

Hello Elise, Pam and Giovanna, I'm Deb. I've done Spain, France, and Italy in the past but have never done the Cantabury part. I'd like to be included in this conversation as well. I'm from the US. I am comfortable with around 20 km a day give or take based on terrain. I'm in my mid 50's and healthy. How do we go about planning? Deb

mutley234

Hello beautiful people

I am also going to be walking from Canterbury to Rome Spring 2020 and would love some company on the journey. This is mainly due to my inability to speak any French at all ;)... However, I can speak Spanish, German and Arabic just never felt the need :cool:.

Mike

davidk2882

Hi all
I have booked flights and am planning on walking from end of April 2020. My French is very poor and my knowledge of long walks is limited to several walks around 150kms. I return to Australia on 22 June so only thinking of going to Besancon. I would like some company also.
David

mlritter64

Hello fellow travelers, I'm new to this post but I'm also interested in starting from Canterbury in May 2020. I would like to pair or group up and I intend to go all the way from Cantebury to Rome and maybe even farther South afterwards... would love to take the ferry over to Sardinia or visit the islands of Ischia and Capri, Cinque Terre, Amalfi coast, etc. I have done 2 legs of the Camino de Santiago and I guess you could call me a leisurely Walker, I like to take my time and enjoy the sights, sounds, scenery. If you have figured out how to message one another and have a group chat for those leaving from Canterbury in the Spring 2020, will you please include me?
Thanks!
Mindy