lovely oasis in La Villa

While hiking from Monteriggioni to Siena, we stopped at a home with a warm wonderful welcome. Marcello has set up the front yard of her home as an oasis for VF hikers. She has fresh fountain water, a rest room facility and Cafe, cookies, bruschetta, toast, juice , fruit, etc.
They were lovely and welcoming. We sat at one of several picnic tables, some under cover, others under the beautiful Tuscan sun.
It was donation based.
Worth the stop.
Enjoy.
Juju

While hiking from Monteriggioni to Siena, we stopped at a home with a warm wonderful welcome. Marcello has set up the front yard of her home as an oasis for VF hikers. She has fresh fountain water, a rest room facility and Cafe, cookies, bruschetta, toast, juice , fruit, etc.
They were lovely and welcoming. We sat at one of several picnic tables, some under cover, others under the beautiful Tuscan sun.
It was donation based.
Worth the stop.
Enjoy.
Juju
Thank you for sharing about Where did you stay between SAN Gimignano and Monteriggioni? Did you stay at Colle Di Val d’Elsa? Or did you walk straight through?

Marina,
We are home now in the States.
Yes, we did stop in Colle Di Val d'Elsa. We took the alternate route, which was well marked. We stayed at the beautiful Convento San Francesco. It was 10 euro for a bed. We had our own room. The town is beautiful to walk and discover streets behind the main street. We were so happy to have taken the alternate route and stay there.
Juju

Marina,
We are home now in the States.
Yes, we did stop in Colle Di Val d'Elsa. We took the alternate route, which was well marked. We stayed at the beautiful Convento San Francesco. It was 10 euro for a bed. We had our own room. The town is beautiful to walk and discover streets behind the main street. We were so happy to have taken the alternate route and stay there.
Juju
Hello Juju/nick we would be really interested in reading about where you stayed and how long each leg was and the scenery ect. Did you keep a blog? I could leave my email address if you would be willing g to share your walk with me.
We are leaving Australia in the 24 May and will start walking g on the 2nd of June
Marina

Marina,
I would love to help. I kept short notes about our stays and the towns/villages/cities that we stayed and would love to share. Where are you starting and finishing your walk? And, did you see that Ed_Kay gave some accommodation suggestions on this forum.
I would be happy to email you what I noted and what I remember.
Juju

Marina,
I would love to help. I kept short notes about our stays and the towns/villages/cities that we stayed and would love to share. Where are you starting and finishing your walk? And, did you see that Ed_Kay gave some accommodation suggestions on this forum.
Juju
Please share with the rest of us :)

Marina,
Juju
Thanks so much Junu/nick my email address is
vashti42@gmail.com
We are starting at San Gimignano and walking to Rome. We are trying to shorten the legs by splitting the longer ones. It would be most helpful to read about where you stayed.
I shall look forward from hearing from you.
Thank you again

Thanks so much Junu/nick my email address is
vashti42@gmail.com
We are starting at San Gimignano and walking to Rome. We are trying to shorten the legs by splitting the longer ones. It would be most helpful to read about where you stayed.
I shall look forward from hearing from you.
Thank you again
To exchange private details like email addresses, you should send a personal message : click on the name of the person and then click on 'start conversation'. And ho, presto! ;)

ok, here it goes....
Piacenza (Montale) Ostello San Pietro. Wonderful, Clean, Washing Machine, Donation 10 euro minimum. The walk outside Piacenza to reach this Ostello is on heavy trafficked roads.
Fiorenzuola d'Arda. Parracchia di San Fiorenzo. Offering. Beautiful and Clean
Fidenza: Ospitale San Donnino . Offering. Beautiful and Clean. I believe they had a kitchen with some provisions
Medasano: Stopped there looking for accommodations . 34 Kilometers was too much to walk all the way to Fornovo Di Taro. Went to the Duomo di Santa Maria Assunta. There were no openings. We tried all accommodations in Medasano and there were no openings. turns out there was a Dart Tournament and all rooms were taken by the contestants. So we forged ahead to Fornovo di Taro and Duomo San Assunta. They have a basic apartment with a kitchen , but the stove does not work and there are no kitchen utensils, pans or plates. The care takers were wonderful and they served us a lovely meal. 10 Euro.
Cassio: Trails were muddy, and slippery. Stayed at Andrea's place: Ostello di Cassio Parmense. 16 Euro. Andrea was wonderful, helpful and very accommodating. His kitchen is fully stocked and you can cook your own meal for a donation. I mean fully stocked, steak, chicken, cured meats, cheeses, pasta, vegetables...
Berceto: We stayed in a bed and Breakfast. La casa dei nonni. 30 euro pp. Nice breakfast. very helpful. Some english spoken.
Took a train to Pontremoli. Stayed at the Castello delPiagnaro. 11 euro. Amazing! we were the only ones in this castle. Get there before the museum closes in order to get your room.
A friend who was a few days ahead of us on the trail said the trails were underwater so we decided to take the train to Lucca. and spend a week there in an apartment.
Altopascio: easy boring walk. Stayed at the Magione dei Cavalieri del Tau. donation. Check in at the Library. they were very helpful.
Ponte a Cappiano: Ostello de Ponte15 euro. Cool stay in the Turret on the bridge. there is a clothes line in back.
San Miniato: Convento San francesco. 30 euro. Includes a communal dinner and breakfast. Beautiful , Peaceful, Courtyard, clothes line
Gambassi Terme: (favorite Place), Ostello Sigerico in Chianni. 17 euro plus 10 euro for dinner. they cater to pilgrims. Simple, Elegant, lovely grounds , english speakers. Meal was wonderful
San Gimignano: Villaggio dei Pellegrini. 11.50 Euro. just outside SG. there are buses that can get you to SG running often. Mobile homes with 3 =beds. Very nice setting.
Alternate route. Colle Vald'Elsa. Convento San Francesco 10 euro. Beautiful. quiet. Town is very nice and pilgrim friendly.
Abbadia A Isola: Ostello. This village is very small. You have 2 restaurants, a bar and a gas station. Nothing else. No where to walk and no sights. The Ostello is very nice with a large 2nd floor porch to sit out on.
Siena: Casa delleBalie; hostel Santa Maria Della Scalla. Very nice and clean accommodations. .50 for shower. exact change needed. Very helpful. Workers seem to love their job.
Hope that helps!
Juju