Lucca to Rome in May 2020

Patrick

My friend, Jim, and I will be departing from Lucca to Rome this next May 17th. We’ve both been pilgrims to SdC before, so we have the basics. Has anyone walked this section in late May to give us any heads up, leads or advice on things they loved, events, places to include?

Will anyone, by chance, be walking this year, same time/location?

Thanks!
Patrick

Andy Lawler

Hi Patrick
I plan to start from St Bernards at the beginning of May. I will likely not walk the entire distance as I have only a month, but I intend to walk as much as possible.
Kind regards
Andy

Zoran

Hi Patrick
I plan to start from St Bernards at the beginning of May. I will likely not walk the entire distance as I have only a month, but I intend to walk as much as possible.
Kind regards
Andy
Are you sure the path will be open because of the snow? Please post a bit about your walk from SB pass down to warmer parts as I intend to walk from SB pass to Lucca next year. This year I will walk from L:ucca to Rome in July

Cullo

My friend, Jim, and I will be departing from Lucca to Rome this next May 17th. We’ve both been pilgrims to SdC before, so we have the basics. Has anyone walked this section in late May to give us any heads up, leads or advice on things they loved, events, places to include?

Thanks!
Patrick
Hi Patrick, my wife and I walked from Grand St Bernard to Rome during late Aug-mid Oct. We are not opera lovers but loved the Puccini concert we saw in a church in Lucca. Just Google Opera in Lucca to get the details - a must do! In terms of places, there were many beautiful towns and villages but we thought Sarzanna and Pietrosanta very special.

aruna

Hi Patrick
Kind regards
Andy
Hi Patrick doing my first longish walk after broken knee. Planning Luca to.... late April-early May. Perhaps see you on the way. Robin

Hiawatha

Hi Patrick
I plan to start from St Bernards at the beginning of May.
Andy the pass is unlikely to be open , you might be lucky but it would be wise to have an alternate plan . Aosta is close by and is a good point for commencement , the walk from there to Santhia is wonderful .

SeamusUK

Thanks!
Patrick
We (wife and I) arrive Lucca 19th May but start walking from Altopascio on the 20th. We may cross but only if you have rest days as we will be walking shortish days. We are planning extra night in Siena and Bolsena but open to other suggestions.