my way

Hello,
Since May 2013 I have been skipping along Europe's other routes. Alone. Which I don't always enjoy.

If only I could safely establish a camp in the woods I would feel better able to meet those times when accommodation is absent!

Singood

I would think that camping out would tend to contribute to aloneness. Hiking with my wife, we are prepared to sleep out, but in hiking across France, Spain, and Italy it has never been necessary. Some of the most memorable stays have been with private families. This last Sep/Oct we were only the 509th/510th to walk the Via di Francesco in Italy, and in the first two weeks only met one other Pilgrim who was from France; at days end for a number of nights we had the Refuges totally to ourselves.
We speak only English and a mangled Spanish, but language has never been an issue, the Angels of the Camino have always provided us evening accomodations. Sociability is one of the pluses of the Caminos - as the saying goes "No man is an Island." Buen Camino! Dave

Singood

That idea sounds both workable and enjoyable.

The last two years we have hosted Camino Pilgrims here at Lake Tahoe, Nevada USA to a weekend. We reserve a couple of sites in the Federal Campground and provide home stays for those not camping - all meals are community at the campgrounds. We hike during the days and socialize in the evenings, roaring fire and all, with about 30 attending. Great time for all.