Posting a diary and photos enroute.

andytomo030862

Hi guys.

Just after a bit of advice. All set to do the VF from Canterbury later this year and my friends are asking if I plan to do a diary, plus plenty of photos, of my travels on Facebook so they can follow my journey. I think this is a good idea so am looking at ways to put it up. Thing is I don’t want to put a full long diary on my timeline every day, I’ll be getting on everyone’s nerves by day three, I’d rather just put a link on, so if people want to go and view it separately they can. To be honest the easiest way seems to be by using Facebook ’Notes’ but it seems that you can only update it every day from a PC or laptop, if I’ve got it correct, and as I’m cycling to Rome the last thing I need is to be lugging a laptop round with me. It will all have to be done from my iPhone which I’m fine with. I’d be grateful if anyone who’s managed to do this on their travels could share any advice on this. Must admit I’m not a total technology dimwit and I’m not after anything with bells and whistles, just a few notes and some photos to go up after a tiring day in the saddle, so the easier it is to put up probably the better. Thanks in advance.

Andy.

Roving rufus

It can be pretty tiring to write something up each evening and get it posted - especially as finding wifi isn't as easy as you might presume and you'll end up using data on your phone. It may be easier to do a short update each day on Facebook and then use a blog which you can update with more detailed information every couple of days- it also reduces the frustration of trying to type on the phone.

andytomo030862

Thanks for the advice RR, much appreciated, I'll take that on board.

Just out of interest, how did you eventually then go about putting access to your blog on your Facebook timeline.

Cheers.

Andy.

Remotelee

Hi guys.

Just after a bit of advice. All set to do the VF from Canterbury later this year and my friends are asking if I plan to do a diary, plus plenty of photos, of my travels on Facebook so they can follow my journey. I think this is a good idea so am looking at ways to put it up. Thing is I don’t want to put a full long diary on my timeline every day, I’ll be getting on everyone’s nerves by day three, I’d rather just put a link on, so if people want to go and view it separately they can. To be honest the easiest way seems to be by using Facebook ’Notes’ but it seems that you can only update it every day from a PC or laptop, if I’ve got it correct, and as I’m cycling to Rome the last thing I need is to be lugging a laptop round with me. It will all have to be done from my iPhone which I’m fine with. I’d be grateful if anyone who’s managed to do this on their travels could share any advice on this. Must admit I’m not a total technology dimwit and I’m not after anything with bells and whistles, just a few notes and some photos to go up after a tiring day in the saddle, so the easier it is to put up probably the better. Thanks in advance.

Andy.
Hello, what i usually do is send a Facebook post saying something like
I am about to start a camino and if you want in, comment or like this post and I will add you to a private group. Warning expect lots of posts!
I used my iPhone on my previous caminos for all my Facebook and Instagram posts without any issue.
I would try to do one post every day with distance traveled/ costs and elevation profiles and one with some history of the section traveled that day or who I met that day.
If you have map my walk or map my hike ( free UA app) and Relive app you can also post a google earth 3D fly through of your day with pictures. The app does all the work for you.
Not sure if that helps, or is what you are looking for by my 2 cents worth