San Gimignano - Agriturismo/Guest House

sadaigh

My walking partner and I want to stay in a nice agriturismo at some point in our trip. Our plan is for a short walk on the day we head into San Gimignano, so we were considering staying somewhere nice this night and finding some wineries to check out.

Does anyone know of an agriturismo (or even a guest house or whatever) where we could find a good home cooked meal, some local wine, a place to wash clothes, and a hot shower?

There are a ton of places online, but this group knows the needs of a pilgrim best, so I was hoping ya'll might have some good recommendations :)

Thanks!

Cullo

My walking partner and I want to stay in a nice agriturismo at some point in our trip. Our plan is for a short walk on the day we head into San Gimignano, so we were considering staying somewhere nice this night and finding some wineries to check out.

Does anyone know of an agriturismo (or even a guest house or whatever) where we could find a good home cooked meal, some local wine, a place to wash clothes, and a hot shower?

There are a ton of places online, but this group knows the needs of a pilgrim best, so I was hoping ya'll might have some good recommendations :)

Thanks!

Cullo

Hi Sadaigh. My wife and I stayed at a gorgeous agriturismo a short distance from San Gimignano a few years ago. We stayed for 5 nights because we weren't walking the VF at the time (but have since walked the Camino Frances and the Via Podiensis). The name of the establishment was Agriturismo Casa dei Girasoli and we stayed in the Verde apartment. Hosts Paulo and Antonella were wonderful and the views from the courtyard outside of the apartment could have been straight out of a movie.

Hope you enjoy your journey - we step off for Rome from GSBP on 25 Aug.