San Quirico to Radicofani

William Marques

Staff member
There used to be a place to stay in Gallina but it is 25 KM (San Quirico-Radicofani) in total so it is not impossible to do in one day.

frida1

We stopped at an agriturismo a couple k past Gallina in October of 2018. I noticed that there were two or three places advertising rooms in Gallina. I doubt you can reserve ahead, but you probably could get a basic, inexpensive room.

frida1

I'm sorry to disagree with Julie, but by our calculations it was a little over 32 km San Quirico to Radicofani, and the last climb into Radicofani is about 300 m elevation. My husband and I are 65, and we would not have wanted to do it in one day. San Quirico is a beautiful place, well worth a few hours to see the gardens and the monastery, and Radicofani, although small, is very beautiful. The climb up to the fort is worthwhile. If you want to enjoy these things, you need a little extra time.

julie

I'm sorry to disagree with Julie, but by our calculations it was a little over 32 km San Quirico to Radicofani, and the last climb into Radicofani is about 300 m elevation. My husband and I are 65, and we would not have wanted to do it in one day.
Well that's a shame. I would have much preferred 25km.

Given the forecast for this week you’d be better with the shorter distances unless you can carry/get water.

Finding I’m getting through 2 or 3 litres a day. Or maybe I just leek.

Also there is an app called Bed-and-breakfast.it It has a map function and shows locations half way. Whether these are close to your route you can check.

Last edited:

Domigee

My new guide book says there is an ostello in Gallina. No details but they will be on the website mentioned above. It seems very slightly off the VF.

Hiawatha

The group of seven seasoned walkers with me all agree that this is a very hard stage. Be wary of the giant green snakes along the river as well . I know they are supposed to be harmless but they certainly put me on high alert.

The group of seven seasoned walkers with me all agree that this is a very hard stage.

The Italians called this the "ramp". You can see from mile 12 to mile 22 it is just all uphill. Water will be needed though the views are extraordinary. The descent is also tricky in places as the gravel is loose. A few miles out of Radicofani, there is a water tap which was not working so fill up in the town before the descent.

Track is from San Quirico to Acquapendente. Radicofani is half-way

Last edited: