Short Bike Rental - 2 Days from Rome

Erie Walker

A friend and I are planning our hike from Lucca to Rome in Nov. 2019, but we are running out of days because we want to tour Rome for 2 days. We were wondering it it would be possible to rent bikes 4 days hike out of Rome and bike into Rome in 2 days. Say from Sutri to Rome. Anyone know of a bike rental the would meet us in Sutri or drop off bikes in Sutri for us and we would return them in Rome? Does this sound doable??? Thanks for any help!

frida1

We did use a company to do that across the Po Valley. The company is called Veloce. They will drop off and pick up the bikes, but it’s not cheap for a short journey. They were very reliable for us.

Erie Walker

Thank you, Frida1! I contacted Veloce, but they were not interested in our short rental period.:(

I did find three VERY pleasant bike rental companies in Rome by emailing them. All were helpful in giving me prices for our trip rental.
Top Bike Rental
Rome For You
Bikeaway

I hope posting this information will lead to more business for these three companies that gave me such great customer service!!! :)

Erie Walker

Update - we rented our bikes form Bikeaway in Rome. Last week he met us in Sutri and delivered the bikes, helmets, spare tires/tools, and flashing lights (in case we were on the road after dark - he was concerned for our safety!!). He even took our luggage and stored it in his shop in Rome - so nice. We rode to Formello the first day. Price was very reasonable! Mauro (owner of BikeAway) was the nicest person. Highly recommend.