Torino to Rome, March-April 2018

Piero Frustascarpe

Staff member
Day -10 (more or less)
Depending on the weather, I will begin my Pilgrimage right from the threshold of my house on March 20.
I want to share in this Forum my second experience on Via Francigena, willing and hoping to give some little help and/or inspiration to foreign Pilgrims on this beautiful Camino.

Preparation
  • Mind & Spirit - First and foremost. Mindfulness as much as possible, in all the preparation.
  • Fitness - Since after Christmas I replaced two or three days of my usual running with about 20-30 Km a week of walk with my backpack, total weight of 8 Kg. Nearly every week I do a half or full day of hike with no less than 1000 meters of height difference.
  • Bill of material - As usual, before whatever hike, trek or Camino, I recompile my check list, including/replacing/deleting items, depending on season, trail and other circumstances. I will post later the final list of things that I will carry.
  • Testing of items - I'm breaking-in and testing a new pair of shoes, of a new brand for me. Will they be so good and seductive to make me to "betray" my beloved Altra Lone Peak 3.5?
    I also make the break-in of the new items (including clothes) and thoroughly check the integrity of all the already used ones.
  • House maintenance and family business - Handing over to family members.
  • Medical - Last week I successfully passed my yearly medical and sports examination for the renewal of my authorisation to do running competitions.

Piero Frustascarpe

Staff member
Due to unexpected family needs I will postpone my pilgrimage to a future date.
Meanwhile I can keep on giving support and information within my possibilities to the other members of this forum.
Buona passeggiata a tutti!

Piero,
Hope all unexpected family needs get tended to in a timely fashion and you will be on the road again!
Your preparation list is timely and helpful as we are heading out in April!
Thanks for all your help in the past, Piero.
jujubery

Ed Kay

Ah, please ignore my question on the other thread, I see you have postponed. I am sorry to hear this. I hope that all will be well with your family and you get on the road at some point in the future :)

Piero Frustascarpe

Staff member
Ah, please ignore my question on the other thread, I see you have postponed. I am sorry to hear this. I hope that all will be well with your family and you get on the road at some point in the future :)
Thank you for your wishes! To virtually go with you and other pilgrims of the forum on the Francigena in this period will soothe me. <3