transitum padi

caminka

while reading the blogs I've noticed that everyone crosses the po in the morning (usually around 8h-8h30). is there also a crossing in the afternoon? If someone would like to sleep in the ostello in calendasco, for example?

DavidJ

There are no set ferry times - you must call Signor Danilo Parisi, who provides the ferry service for pilgrims, the day before you need his services. You will need to speak Italian and he will give you a time.

while reading the blogs I've noticed that everyone crosses the po in the morning (usually around 8h-8h30). is there also a crossing in the afternoon? If someone would like to sleep in the ostello in calendasco, for example?
It is really up to the fellow who provides the boat. I think he only likes to do one trip. You should contact him. The fellow (priest)at the monastery, where you will stay the night before will know more.

caminka

thanks for replies!

it's what I thought. I understand his point of view, of course, I just though it would be nice to have a bit more time exploring piacenza if you start from calendasco at 7am, for example.
but I did read somewhere he also ferries across workers, so maybe I'll get lucky. I'll make sure to have an italian question ready (on paper) in advance.

Tassie Kaz

I don't know when you'll be in the area but I too am hoping for a different Po crossing time than the standard 9am-ish. I'm looking at later in the morning due to the fact I'll be staying further away the previous night. As Danilo's water taxi can't be sorted more than a day or two ahead of time, Plan B will be to walk to Piacenza

caminka

I don't know when you'll be in the area but I too am hoping for a different Po crossing time than the standard 9am-ish. I'm looking at later in the morning due to the fact I'll be staying further away the previous night. As Danilo's water taxi can't be sorted more than a day or two ahead of time, Plan B will be to walk to Piacenza
me neither, but hopefully in june. the norh side of the river certainly avoids the industrial slog into piacenza, and if you stay right by the river, you can even avoid the main road walking from the north. but I would like to see eremo-hospitale san Corrado Confalonieri, supposedly an 8C xenodochio in calendasco and that is probably easiest in the evening.