Walking maps /books

Chrisy

Hi can anyone tell me what is the best map or book to buy walking from Lausanne to At Martin .Thanks Chrisy

Chrisy

Yes .We are then heading back to Turin for flight home .1have been Told I needTwo books part one and 2 cost £30! 2018 edition

caminka

Hi can anyone tell me what is the best map or book to buy walking from Lausanne to At Martin .Thanks Chrisy
as far as I know cicerone has two books, yes. the first covers great britain, france and switzerland, the second one covers italy.
perhaps a better option would be to look into some apps?

Chrisy

Any apps you could recommend.It needs to be in great detail with written directions like the one I had to Santiago .Hoping signage is good as I am rubbish at map reading .Chrisy

Signs in Switzerland are very good. See the "official" advice here. You'll want Route 70.

https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/itinerari/svizzero/

As regards over in Italy, there are a number of competing signs but if you follow the red/white ones you'll be OK. On this bridge there are 5 variants. The blue/white is for cyclists. The red/white for walkers. The European one is also for walkers are is considered "official" but there are far more of the red/white ones about. The other two (on the left) are far more sporadic so best to be ignored.

If you have a smartphone, a lot of walkers recommend the Sloways app which they have found useful. I use a different app but found that the signs far more comforting that an app.