Where to start

Piero Frustascarpe

Staff member
As far as I know, no.
Where will you start from? I don't know what you can do outside Italy. Over here some ostelli can supply you the Credenziale the first day of your Pilgrimage.
A trick that some foreign Pilgrims use is to buy the Credenziale and make it to be sent to a friend or a place in Italy where you can retrieve at your arrival.

Last edited:
ideally, Canterbury. However, i am reading that the French section is rather sketchy regarding sign posts and accommodations. Ideally, Canterbury. thanks.

ideally, Canterbury. However, i am reading that the French section is rather sketchy regarding sign posts and accommodations. Ideally, Canterbury. thanks.
You can get the credential from Canterbury. There is an office at the cathedral and they have them. Maybe you could email them beforehand?
The other place where I got one was the Grand St Bernard Hospice. Again, I emailed them first.

You can get the credential from Canterbury. There is an office at the cathedral and they have them. Maybe you could email them beforehand?
The other place where I got one was the Grand St Bernard Hospice. Again, I emailed them first.
Excellent. grazie mille. lemme try. Did you walk from Aosta up to the Grand St. Bernard then back? Is there an off-road hiking trail?

Excellent. grazie mille. lemme try. Did you walk from Aosta up to the Grand St. Bernard then back? Is there an off-road hiking trail?
No, for the second length of my journey I flew to Geneva, then from the airport took train to Martigny then bus to the Hospice. I try never to walk ‘backwards’ ;-)